Thorough Care SA
- Thorough Care SA
Racing SA supports the welfare and promotion of thoroughbred horses before, during and after their racing careers.
For all welfare enquries please contact -
Ph: 0467 244 300
Racing SA’s Equine Welfare Framework
Why do we need an Equine Welfare Framework? To show that we are committed to living our values; that it all starts with the horse, that we are meeting the expectations of the community, can stand incomparison with similar PRAs around Australia, and world’s best practice.
Racing SA is the peak body representing the thoroughbred horseracing community in South Australia. Bound by a common principle, we govern, promote and support thoroughbred racing in the State.
The horse is at the heart of everything we do in South Australian thoroughbred racing and it always has been. The welfare of our participants – our animals and our people – is an absolute priority.
This Thorough Care SA Framework outlines our ongoing commitment to build on the work of those in the racing community by continually evolving and improving practices focused on the welfare of thoroughbreds before, during and after their racing careers.
Statement of Intent
As the peak body representing the thoroughbred horseracing community in South Australia, we will:
- Support the welfare and promotion of thoroughbred horses before, during and after their racing careers;
- Work to grow understanding and awareness among the wider thoroughbred racing community of best-practice equine welfare, communicate our mission, goals and achievements in equine welfare to external stakeholders and general public;
- Increase transparency of equine welfare practices within the thoroughbred racing industry;
- Work to adopt the applicable recommendations of the 2016 Select Committee on Jumps Racing; and
- Position the South Australian thoroughbred racing industry as being committed to equine welfare best practice.